PHOTO REPORT: Sights of the Ukrainian Festival
All photos in this series by Andrew Nynka
- Ukrainian Festival participants enjoy the afternoon dance program on
May 19 next to St. George Ukrainian Catholic Church on the corner of East
Seventh Street and Taras Shevchenko Place in New York City.
- Larissa Ruebsamen of the Ukrainian dance ensemble Syzokryli in the
Pryvit (Welcome) dance.
- Adrienne Burachinsky, Tania Huk and Melanie Nycz help The Ukrainian
Museum generate donations for construction of a new museum building on
- A festival vendor sells traditional Ukrainian folk art at the Ukrainian
Festival held in the East Village on the weekend of May 18-20.
- Onlookers watch the afternoon dance program on the corner of East Seventh
Street and Taras Shevchenko Place, which is threatened with demapping.
- Oksana Kozyra of the Syzokryli.
- Younger dancers take part in the afternoon program.
- Rosalie Ezekiel performs with the Ukrainian dance troupe Syzokryli.
- Dancers Joey Sywenkyj, Peter Fil and Andrij Dobriansky perform with
- Members of the Iskra ensemble from Whippany, N.J., relax after dancing
during the afternoon program.
- Members of the Ukrainian dance troupe Yunist from Yonkers, N.Y., on
stage during the evening program.
Copyright © The Ukrainian Weekly, June
3, 2001, No. 22, Vol. LXIX
| Home Page |